Configure Your Microsoft Exchange 2010/13 Environment
The archive uses the envelope journaling system to capture a
copy of every message sent or received. SMTP collection will
capture, index, and archive emails up to 75MB in size by
1 - Configure SMTP Collector in the Hosted Archive Service
First, you will need to setup the SMTP collector in the
archive service interface.
Login to your Archive account as the Account Administrator
2. Select the Collectors tab in the administration section of the UI.
3. Select Configure SMTP collector - This screen will display your unique Journal address.
4. Copy this email address or use in the Exchange 2010 Mail Enabled Contact setup. Take note of the domain used in your email address, you will need it to set up the Exchange Connector later in this process.
- Collectors tab
- Configure SMTP collector
* Add your mail server(s) public IP address(es).
Select the 'Add Trusted
6. Enter the IP as a range (example 255.255.255.1/32)
7. Click on Create.
Before commencing please confirm that your mail server IPs
are listed under "SMTP Trusted Networks" within your archive
accounts SMTP collector configuration. Failure to ensure all
are correct will result in mail not being archive by the Cloud
- Add trusted network
- IP range
Step 2 - Create dedicated SMTP Connector
To reduce the load on any up-stream services you may use, we
recommend setting up a separate SMTP connector for your
archiving journal receiver. Please, do the following in your
Configuration and select Hub Transport within the management console.
2. Select the Send Connectors tab.
3. Right-click and select New Send connector...
4. This will open the "New SMTP Send Connector" wizard.
5. Enter <Yourarchiveprovider> Archive Mail as the name of the new connector and select Custom as the intended use.
6. Click the Add... button to specify an address space.
7. Enter the domain of your journal address and set the Cost to 1 ensuring Include all subdomains is ticketed.
8. Click OK, Next, Next, Next and New to create the connector.
We recommend setting TLS on this connection, to ensure your
internal mail is encrypted whilst traveling over a public
1. To configure this right-click on your new created Send Connector and select Properties.
2. Select the Network tab.
3. Select "Enable Domain Security (Mutual Auth TLS)".
Step 3 - Configure Journaling
and then Hub Transport,
select the Journal Rules
2. Right-click and select New Journal Rule.
3. Enter <Yourarchiveprovider> Email Archiving as the rule name.
4. Click Browse to choose the <Yourarchiveprovider> Archive contact as the Send Journal Reports to:address.
5. Ensure the Scope is set to Global.
* If your configuration demands
journaling only for specific users, please check the option
Journal messages for recipient and select the intended users
using the Browse
Ensure that the Enable Rule
option is checked.
7. Click New.
Your archiving account now has been configured. if you have
any questions about your setup or would like to discuss the
process in more detail please contact your archiving support
Video - Exchange/SMTP collectors